February has come and gone and I pretty much missed all of my personal monthly genealogy goals. I’m going to continue to blame my client projects, as they did take up all of my available genealogy time. Not that I’m complaining too much. I love my client projects!
First, let’s grade my progress. Here are the goals I set for myself for each month:
- Processing one document/source per week (if not more) into my RootsMagic database. I didn’t touch RM this month — need to get back to it.
- Writing at least one blog post per week. If you include my January recap post, my journaling post and a local history post, I only missed this mark by one. Phew!
- Reading one genealogy book per month. I’m not reading much in the form of books lately and that needs to change. I blame House of Cards on Netflix and the availability of some of my favorite History Channel shows on Amazon Prime. And myself.
- Exploring one new technology per month. Not genealogy-related, but I re-learned pivot tables in Excel at work this month. Does that count?
- And taking one genealogy-related trip every two months. No February trips, but I did register for the Washington Family History Conference coming up in May!
Will I fare better in March? I’m going to be realistic and say no. I still have active client projects on-going and more work coming my way. My personal genealogy research is usually what feeds my blog, so if I don’t have time to research, I’m not going to blog. I am going to try and do better on the reading front.